Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Stolen Menu Cafe

They may be on the pricey side-escpecially for breakfast-but they definitely serve the best breakfast in York, Maine. The Stolen Menu Cafe is located in a strip mall near the center of the tiny historic beach town of York. This town is a destination for older people and families, hence there are many options when it comes to breakfast joints.

When Auntie is buying I usually go for the Classic Breakfast Sandwich- two tasty organic eggs, with white American cheese and sausage. It may not be healthy, but I've had breakfast sandwiches from almost all of York's breakfast eateries and The Stolen Menu has the best.

I also sampled their bacon and cheese grits. I really appreciate a restaurant in the North East especially as North as York to serve up some good ol' grits. I wouldn't say they were the best in Maine... but creamy and good.

I'm going to sound like a pig, however I also ate a grilled raspberry mocha chocolate chip muffin. Grilled? Hell yes it was grilled! York, ME is the only place I've ever been that grills muffins and it makes the inside of your muffin toasty, warm and buttery. As for the taste of the muffin: lots of chocolate chips- I don't always need a chocolate bar for breakfast but good mocha flavor, not enough raspberry.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to go there for breakfast.

    Your title (Amanda Jeanne) is hard to read against the black background.

    ReplyDelete